HomeAway is looking for a talented senior level database engineer to design, implement and maintain its database systems. If you love databases, have expertise in data modeling, have the ability to convert complex requirements into efficient data structures, and enjoy working in a fast paced environment with talented developers and DBAs, this is the job for you!
• Create databases from the ground up. Determine business requirements, create logical models, build physical models and plan system architecture.
• Experience designing and implementing complex data models.
• Work with software engineers and database engineers to ensure the overall application design is optimal.
• Conduct design and code walkthroughs, peer reviews, and produce technical documentation
• Participate in data modeling, schema design, and query reviews.
• Design, implement and operate database systems for performance and reliability.
• Design and implement measurement systems to assess service delivery and key performance indicators of critical applications.
• Create ETL scripts to load data between systems.
• Administer production and development databases, ensuring maximum availability.
• Build database tools and scripts that enable automation of tasks.
• Bachelor’s degree in technical discipline or equivalent professional experience.
• 7+ years experience in Microsoft SQL Server database technologies.
• Experience creating conceptual, logical and physical data models.
• Familiar with data modeling tools such as PowerDesigner, ERwin, ER/Studio, or Toad.
• Hands on experience developing stored procedures, functions, and triggers.
• Ability to take ownership of projects and be self directed.
• Ability to estimate development tasks accurately and meet agreed upon deadlines.
• Clear and effective written and verbal communication skills.
• Understanding of code promotion, version control, and QA procedures
Nice to have:
• Microsoft Database Certifications
• Experience working a software developer
• Experience in a large high volume production environment
• Data warehouse & OLAP development
• Experience with Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services, Integration Services, and Reporting Services
Position: Open Position