The Marketing Specialist Intern role is responsible for supporting North American owner relationship management marketing efforts, executing marketing campaigns, analyzing performance of strategies, and formulating recommendations to improve performance and the owner experience.
Lead execution of marketing campaigns (60%):
• Work with design and copy writing resources to create marketing communications
• Set-up, test, and send of emails in our email marketing platform
• Create Google Analytics tags (to track email performance) and identify the appropriate URL’s for each email
• Support marketing team in the execution of non-email marketing communications; e.g. site, print, etc.
• Work in collaboration with Social Media, PR, Community, Product Marketing, and Business Intelligence teams
Evaluate performance of marketing campaigns (30%):
• Pull and analyze email campaign metrics using Business Intelligence reports, vendor reports, & Google Analytics
• Develop recommendations to improve marketing campaign effectiveness; e.g. new strategies, offers, etc.
Support development of HomeAway owner customer lifecycle (10%):
• Support the Owner Relationship Marketing lead in developing vision for new owner lifecycle; e.g. identify key segments, needs/ ‘moments of truth’, and touchpoints over time
• Ad-hoc support of owner relationship marketing annual planning process
• Ideal candidate is a rising senior at a top tier undergraduate institution
• Strong academic profile; e.g. GPA, Honors Program
• Ability to successfully manage several open projects at once
• Independent self-starter
• Analytical; able to effectively analyze campaign results and make recommendations
• Comfortable and effective working in a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment
• Interest in marketing and e-commerce
Skills Gained from Internship:
• Deep knowledge of online marketing and different channels; e.g. email, onsite, display, etc.
• Experience in customer relationship marketing
• Project management skills; e.g. managing end to end execution of campaigns
• Campaign analytics and reporting
• Marketing strategy